Note that you CAN use AMP Your Workout without a watch (accelerometer device) – the system will assume you are lifting in a 1010 tempo – refer to the AMP Your Workout website for details. If you ARE using a watch, then prior to the following, perform the steps to pair your Android watch to your phone.
- From Playstore – Download the “AMP Your Workout” App
- From the “GALAXY Apps” on your phone, Download “Samsung Gear Manager” App
- From the “Gear Manager App”, select “Samsung Gear Apps”
- In “Samsung Gear Apps”, search for “AMP Your Workout Gear” and download “AMP Your Workout for Gear
- The AMP Your Workout for Gear App will be added to your Samsung Gear Apps – you can check via the “Samsung Gear” App by selecting “My Apps” – You will see AMP Your Workout at the bottom of the list of App.
- The AMP Your Workout for Gear App will automatically be pushed to the watch
- You can verify it is on the watch if you scroll to the “Apps” icon and select it – then scroll till you see “AMP Your Workout”
- You are ready to go
- Note that when you start AMP Your Workout on your mobile, you will need to click on the “AMP Your Workout” App on your watch
- The watch will show “AMP Your Workout CONNECT” and will then display “Connected –
- See phone to begin workout” – you will need to press “start” in the workout
- Once you are “in” a workout, the current exercise will be displayed on the watch, along with the controls – “Start”, “Stop”, and the display after a set:
- Display after a Set” – the reps will be shown with “+”, “-“ options. You can scroll to the right to see the weight, also with “+”, “-“ options.
- Note that once you press “Next” on the watch, whatever you edited will be updated in the phone. If you updated on the phone, the figures in the watch will over-write them when you press “Next”
- Therefore, if you need to edit something via the phone, it is best to first press “Next” on the watch to take you to the next set, and THEN edit the phone – these figures will not then change when you press “Start” on the watch
Note that in the AMP Your Workout App on the phone you will see in the “Quicklinks” menu, an option to “Pair Device”. This option is not necessary and in fact will not work with the Smart watches. The smart watches need to be paired as intended by the manufacturer, and then to have the appropriate AMP Your Workout Apps installed as per the instructions above.